Finance and Admininstraive Manager
|Type of Contract:
||Undermined Duration Contract (UDC)
|Location of Work:
||Phnom Penh, Pact Cambodia office
|Other Works Conditions:
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pactís unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve peopleís lives.
Pact working in Cambodia since 1991, Pact has built
Cambodian civil society and strengthened the capacity of
institutions run by and for Cambodians to end poverty
Pact is recruiting a
Finance and Administrative Manager for an anticipated economic empowerment and civic engagement project in Cambodia, funded by USAID. This project will focus on supporting women and youth to access the knowledge, tools, and resources necessary to succeed as entrepreneurs, and to enable constructive civic engagement. The overall goal of the project is to see women and youth improve their socio-economic status.
Finance and Administrative Manager will assist the Director of Finance and Operations in managing all tasks relating to finance, accounting, auditing, procurement, administration, human resources, and IT. S/he will have responsibility for managing the budgets for Pact project funds, as well as ensuring the periodic reports of finance, cash requests, tax returns, VAT, and other reports set by Pact, Pactís donors, and the Cambodia government are submitted on time. The job requires strong knowledge and experience of USAID rules and regulations, as well as close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure application of Pact regulations. The Finance and Administrative Manager reports directly to the Director of Finance and Operations and will supervise finance, HR/Admin, and IT staff. S/he will apply Pact code of ethics across all aspects of daily work.
- Work with Director of Finance & Operations and Pact team to regularly review, update, enforce the Pact Cambodia policies and guidelines include finance/accounting, human resources and personnel, administration and IT, procurement and property management, and consultant, etc.
- Establish and maintain adequate system controls to protect against financial misstatement, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations of Pact, Pactís donors, and Cambodia government.
- Manage all banking activities including withdrawals, deposits, preparation of all bank payment and checks, and preparation of all bank reconciliations. Ensure adequate audit trails are in place for all transactions, including monthly reconciliation of cash and banking records.
- Ensure the integrity of all receipts, invoices, and vouchers. Process all project financial transactions into Pact accounting system, Serenic. Prepare and manage staff payroll and staff benefits
- Prepare and submit the monthly cash projection and financial reports to HQ. Closely monitor, follow up, and liquidate all advances with staff and subgrantees in a timely manner. Manage and upload all monthly financial reports and documents into Pactís BOX system.
- Work with management on the review and analysis of budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness and consistency. Advise to management on any budget irregularities or potential fiscal problems and act to promptly resolve these issues.
- Update monthly grant matrix reports, including budget estimation/obligation, disbursements, and liquidated expenditures. Verify this report with grants and contracts and project team.
- Perform finance/accounting capacity building activities for grantees as needed. Conduct project financial field visits and spot checks to subgrantees as needed in coordination with grants and contract and project team.
- Coordinate the financial audits and reviews, including preparation of supporting schedules and information, respond to the auditor questions, and consolidate and first draft audit responses/reports. Upload the audit solicitation, report, and correction action plan documents into Pact audit system, CRM.
- Track budget against USAID-approved agreement budget in coordination with management and home office. Ensure the USAID-projects are in compliance with all tax liabilities as well as tax and duty exemptions and may be eligible for as USAID implementing partners.
- Work with Director of Finance and Operations and Pact HQ to prepare and submit a) a monthly and annual tax returns to: a) Cambodia General Tax Department, b) annual reports to Cambodia government institutions (MOFA, MOEF, NAC, etc.), and c) VAT reports for USAID.
- Manage all matters of human resource, administration, procurement, and IT support. Oversee maintenance of employee files and data in accordance with Pact system and policies; regular conduct audit of the personnel files.
- Prepare and file the employee employment contracts and consultant agreements, including contract amendments and/or modifications. Management consultantís contract and track their payments.
- Liaise with the relevant Cambodia ministries (labor, taxation, foreign affair, etc.) for Pact and/or Pactís project registration and reporting. Ensure Pactís expat employees and consultants are compliance with the Cambodia laws and regulations.
- Update and safeguard the Pactís fixed assets include inventory counting and upload the most updated inventory list into Pact inventory system, CRM. Perform other duties as assigned. Perform all work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
- At least Bachelorís Degree in finance, accounting, economic, business/entrepreneurship management. Master is preferred.
- At least 5 years of working experience on donor-funded programs, preferably for USAID, with progressive responsibility in financial management and accounting.
- Ability to work and quickly adapt in a complex environment. Strong training delivery, communications, and personnel management skills.
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements; working knowledge of OMB Circulars and Code of Federal Regulation.
- Strong knowledge and experience in compliance of Cambodia laws and regulations (LANGO, labor, taxation, accounting and auditing, and financial report).
- Experience in staff supervision and Fluency in English are preferred.
- Experience working on USAID contracts and cooperative agreements. Be able to international and domestic travel preferred.
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance in budgeting, financial management, and procurement management.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience using the computer accounting system, and advanced excel spreadsheet preferred.
Full Job description for
Finance and Administrative Manager
Pact is committed to gender diversity and interested applicants
could submit a current resume and cover letter
referencing the position applied for by
2nd September 2018 at 5:00 pm (do not include certificates or
recommendations) to email:
Pact Cambodia would like to thank all applicants for their
interests but Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for