||Grants and Contracts Manager
|Type of Contract:
||Undermined Duration Contract (UDC)
|Location of Work:
||Phnom Penh, Pact Cambodia office
|Other Works Conditions:
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pactís unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve peopleís lives.
Pact working in Cambodia since 1991, Pact has built
Cambodian civil society and strengthened the capacity of
institutions run by and for Cambodians to end poverty
Pact is recruiting a
Grants and Contracts Manager for an anticipated economic empowerment and civic engagement project in Cambodia, funded by USAID. This project will focus on supporting women and youth to access the knowledge, tools, and resources necessary to succeed as entrepreneurs, and to enable constructive civic engagement. The overall goal of the project is to see women and youth improve their socio-economic status.
Grants and Contracts Manager will provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the anticipated project related to grants and contracts, including provision of grant management support to USAID/Cambodia. The job requires strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, as well as close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure application of Pact regulations. S/he will play an important role in strengthening the capacity of Cambodian organizations and institutions through the administration and management of sub-grants or other financial assistance to organizations or individuals and provide technical assistance to strengthen financial management practices of sub-grantees. S/he will also provide technical assistance and management support to USAID in administering grants directly to local organizations. S/he will apply Pact code of ethics across all aspects of daily work. The Grants and Contracts Manager will report to Director of Finance & Operations and supervise The Grants and Contracts Officers.
- Administer the full cycle of grants management activities to local and international organizations and individuals, from solicitations, pre-award assessments, negotiation and award, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions and their documentation for sub-grants and contracts.
- Respond to issues that arise during sub-awardee program implementation including financial reporting, modifications, oversight of compliance with terms and conditions and resolution of disputes and resolving audit findings.
- Provide policy guidance and interpretation for program staff, sub-grantees, USAID and other relevant partners.
- Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Carry out regular trainings as needs arise for rom grantees. Develop training materials and carry-out regular trainings with grantee partners, directly or through capacity development partners.
- Support USAID and other relevant partners in the management of direct USAID grants to local organizations.
- Ensure that Pact office systems for grants and contracts administration are fully up to date and maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact's headquarters office. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact regulations.
- Respond to inquiries regarding compliance with terms and conditions under awards from donor. When required, prepare requests for and obtain clearances / approvals / deviations from donors.
- Review sub-grantee budgets and spending for allowability, reasonableness, allocability and consistency.
- Perform all work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least Bachelorís Degree in finance, accounting, economic, business/entrepreneurship management. Master is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in grants and contract management. Record of success managing grants and contracts in Cambodia or other developing country organizations.
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award.
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements; working knowledge of OMB Circulars and Code of Federal Regulation.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience working on USAID contracts and cooperative agreements.
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build full range of capacities for grant management.
- Experience working on Strengthening Fund and Enterprise Development Fund/Seed fund are advantage.
- Demonstrated experience using the computer accounting system, grants and contract management system, and advanced excel spreadsheet preferred.
- Be able to international and domestic travel preferred.
Full Job description for
Grants and Contracts Manager
Pact is committed to gender diversity and interested applicants
could submit a current resume and cover letter
referencing the position applied for by
2nd August 2018 at 5:00 pm (do not include certificates or
recommendations) to email:
Pact Cambodia would like to thank all applicants for their
interests but Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for