Program and Innovation Manager
|Type of Contract:
||Undermined Duration Contract (UDC)
|Location of Work:
||Phnom Penh, Pact Cambodia office
|Other Works Conditions:
Pact is a promise of a better tomorrow for those who are poor and marginalized. Working in partnership to develop local solutions that enable people to own their own future, Pact helps people and communities build their capacity to generate income, improve access to quality health services, and gain lasting benefit from the sustainable use of the natural resources around them. At work in more than 25 countries for over 44 years, Pact is building local promise with an integrated, adaptive approach that is shaping the future of international development.
Working in Cambodia since 1991, Pact has built Cambodian civil society and strengthened the capacity of institutions run by and for Cambodians to end poverty and injustice. Our current and recent work includes improving local governance, fighting against corruption, building savings-led microfinance, providing health education, supporting community forestry and REDD+, and providing organizational development assessments and support to Cambodian organizations.
The Manager will serve as a lead for advancing Pactís programmatic design through a lens of innovation and adaptation, and in particular will ensure that Pactís current and future programs are delivering real benefits and impacts to key participating groups including youth and women. The Manager will have project management, program design, strategy design, research, and business development responsibilities
The position is under Undetermined Duration Contract (UDC) and based in Phnom Penh with travel to provinces and overseas as needed.
- Collaborate with Pactís Country Manager to adapt and implement Pactís strategic vision for supporting thriving and resilient communities.
- Develop and strengthen innovative country programs based on analysis of the local and global context.
- Manage implementation of ongoing project activities, including management of implementing partners, and monitoring of field activities.
- Develop strategies that ensure Pactís programs support the constructive engagement of Cambodian youth.
- Contribute to identification and securing of new business opportunities.
- Consult with key stakeholders to develop understanding about priority learning and capacity development needs in the areas of local governance systems, citizen engagement, youth leadership, economic empowerment, social accountability, and other diverse areas as deemed relevant.
- Establish and maintain a clear learning agenda composed of strategic and action-oriented research questions.
- Support primary and secondary research through diverse methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with donor, Pact, and project-specific policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in management and leadership positions.
- Demonstrated familiarity with non-profit and contractor international development landscape.
- Deep familiarity with the Cambodian operational context.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating design processes for innovative programming.
- Experience supporting youth engagement and empowerment initiatives.
- Demonstrated success in mobilizing resources from diverse sources.
- Familiarity with diverse models for implementing development programming.
- Curiosity, drive, discernment, humility, passion of purpose;
- Committed and effective communicator with excellent English language, public speaking, written and verbal communication skills.
Full Job description for
Program and Innovation Manager
Pact is committed to gender diversity and interested applicants
could submit a current resume and cover letter
referencing the position applied for by
19 January 2018 at 5:00 pm (do not include certificates or
recommendations) to Pact Cambodia, Phnom Penh Center 3rd floor,
Room 311, Corner Sothearos and Sihanouk Blvd., Tonle Bassac,
Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia or Email:
with subject line "Program and Innovation Manager ".
Pact Cambodia would like to thank all applicants for their
interests but Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for